Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started?
Why should I work with MIS Contracting Group?
Our team will walk you through the complexities and options available to you through the PACE program. We ensure your project meets all the requirements to be financed using PACE. We evaluate any potential insurance savings and will work with your carrier to maximize potential insurance discounts. Once your project has been approved and permitted, our skilled craftmen will ensure a professional, timely and PACE compliant project completion.
Please give us a call at 844-229-7339 for more information about all the services we provide to homeowners, or get started now by filling out this eligibility form.
Who are the PACE administrators?
How are projected energy savings and insurance savings from installing PACE eligible upgrades estimated?
PACE eligible projects may deliver net positive annual cash flow in year one.
For energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, you may:
- Contact your local utility company for an energy evaluation, which will provide information on what may be the best value improvements for your home.
- Obtain an energy audit from a licensed Energy Rater. The Energy Rater will provide detailed savings calculations on qualifying improvements. Costs for an energy audit may vary.
For wind mitigation improvements, you may:
- Access the Florida Department of Emergency Management’s Florida Wind Insurance Savings Calculator at www.floridadisaster.org. By answering a series of questions about your home in its current state, and then taking into account the renovations you’re planning, the calculator can help you determine the amount of insurance savings you may receive.
- MIS Contracting Group will assist you in contacting your insurance agency to discuss the discounts you may receive if certain upgrades are installed in your home.
Do I have to use PACE financing for my project?
What happens if you begin work on a project eligible under PACE and discover additional work that must be done in order to complete the job?
Once an assessment closes, additional project work must be paid by the property owner.
For residential properties, the assessment generally closes when work is completed. Owners may request that the PACE administrator evaluate the additional work for inclusion in the assessment. Contact us to discuss any job modifications to ensure they will be covered as eligible improvements.
Are you required to pull permits?
Pace Program & Financing
What is PACE?
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) is a simple financing mechanism that enables low-cost, long-term funding for energy efficient and wind resistant home improvement projects. PACE can provide funding for a new roof, energy efficient heating and cooling systems, solar panels and other upgrades.
PACE financing is repaid as an assessment on the property owner’s regular tax bill. Depending on local legislation, PACE can be used for commercial, nonprofit and residential properties.
Am I eligible for PACE financing?
Underwriting requirements vary by PACE administrator. However, the general criteria are as follows:
- Be the owner of record on the property
- Be current on mortgage payments (one late payment allowed in the past 12 months)
- Be current on property taxes with no late payments in the last 3 years
- No bankruptcy for the last 2 years
- No foreclosures or defaults for the last 3 years
Again, requirements may vary. Call us today at 844-229-7339 for more information, or get started now by completing our eligibility form.
What types of properties are eligible for PACE financing?
Financing is available for both residential and commerical properties. Government-owned properties can not be assessed and are, therefore, ineligible. Mobile homes are not eligible because they are not permanent structures.
Please give us a call at 844-229-7339 to discuss your property’s eligibility.
See what may be available by completing this form.
What if my county/municipality has not been approved for the PACE program yet?
What are the eligible home improvements under PACE financing?
Improvements must be permanently affixed to the property and either reduce the energy used by the property or provide protection from wind or hurricane damage.
In general, the type of improvements funded by PACE financing would include:
- High efficiency or hurricane impact windows and doors
- Cool roofs
- Wind-resistant roofs
- High-efficiency HVAC systems
- Tankless water heaters
- Upgraded wall and roof installation
and much more…
Request a complete list of eligible home improvements by contacting us here.
Are there minimum or maximum PACE financing amounts?
Is my credit score (FICO) used to determine whether I am eligible for PACE financing?
What will the interest rate be?
Each PACE administrator offers different interest rates. Those rates also vary depending on the length of the term you choose and the amount being financed.
Give us a call at 844-229-7339 or email us for more detailed information about the interest rates offered by various PACE administrators.